Tuesday, February 3, 2009

school trouble?

I talked to Abby's aide this morning at school. I was wondering about 2nd grade teachers for the girls and asked her opinion. Then we talked about her teacher now. It seems that she is of the same mind as I am. Abby's teacher is not very compassionate. She is a cookie cutter teacher and no one is allowed to have a bad day in her class. She is too structured for my sweet girl. Thank heavens she is not in there a whole lot, and the school year is almost up. Also, Linda asked me if I had talked about Abby going to half day summer school for all summer. I think that Abby needs a break from school, but Linda agreed that we are going to be starting from scratch next year if she doesn't go. Hmmm, what to do. Also, she said that Belle just goes into herself at school and will just sob quietly and try not to show it. Poor baby, it just breaks my heart. Maybe that is why she has such outbursts at home. She just needs lots of extra hugs and loves and reassurance. Emma on the other hand is a tease and bugs "her girls" something fierce. Well, that is how my day started.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe summer school wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't think it is as structured as "school school". It maybe something that is really fun. I know more work and bother for you but it might be the best thing for her. As for Belle, it breaks my heart too. Poor little girl. Wish I had a magic pill too make all their trials go away, but remember that is how they and us learn. It doesn't make it any better I know. Give her a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete